Guide To WhatsApp Messaging With MSG91
This guide here will help you integrate "The WhatsApp Messaging Platform" in just a few minutes without any deep integration with your product.
To start sending WhatsApp messages all you have to do is, connect MSG91 webhook with your system to relay any data/trigger an event.
Follow these 5 simple steps to set up your WhatsApp account for sending messages.
1. Register as a Meta (Facebook) Developer
Go to developers.facebook.com > My Apps > Create App
Select the "Business" type and follow the prompts on your screen
2. Scroll down the list of products on the "Add products to your app" screen and select "WhatsApp" to set up your app
3. Now WhatsApp is visible in the Product List and one test number is assigned to you (Product> WhatsApp> Getting Started)
1. Add Number: Product> WhatsApp> Getting Started
2. Follow the steps and verify the number
3. Webhook: Product> WhatsApp> Configuration
4. Call back URL:- https://whatsapp.phone91.com/whatsapp-hook-fbcloud
5. Verify token:- 62f6d22e7879479f80315e9a491ab20c
6. Subscribe for other options too in Webhook
1. Visit https://business.facebook.com/ Setting >> More Setting
2. In Side Menu User>> System Users >Add
3. Enter Name and in System User Role select “Admin”.
4. Add Asset
5. Assign assets and enable manage app
6. Now, click on Generate Token
7. When you give the permission, make sure you give these two permissions
b) “WhatsApp_business_messaging” to generate the token for WhatsApp business
8. Copy this Generate token.
1. Login to MSG91 and click on WhatsApp
2. Click on Add Integration
3. Need to provide us data that we get from above steps
a) Client Name: The name that you used in Add Phone Number
b) WhatsApp Number, make sure this starts with country code and without + and 00
c) WhatsApp number ID and WhatsApp business account ID: https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ >> APP >> Products>> WhatsApp>> Getting Started
d) Permanent access token, that you copy from system user steps. Do not use Temporary access token. This will work only for 24 hours
e) Inbound setting; where you want to receive WhatsApp inbound. You have to use as per your requirements
WhatsApp Business account and your account is ready for sending messages.
Happy WhatsApping :)