New Short URL
Now save credits by cutting short the SMS length with our smart URL Shortener. Using this feature will automatically convert the long URL present in your SMS content into a short one. Once the SMS is delivered and the receiver clicks on the short URL received, it will redirect him/her to your original long URL.
(#Note - Currently it is available with older API versions, not with V5 - latest API versions. We will release it soon for V5 also)
To achieve it, just follow below steps -
- If you want to send SMS via MSG91 user panel
- Ask us to activate Short URL feature for your account.
- After activation, SMS sent via MSG91 user panel will start converting the long URLs into Short URLs.
- If you want to send SMS via API
- Just start passing short_url=1 as an additional parameter in your API call.
- It supports all the API versions we provide.
- If you want to send it via google spreadsheet
- Make sure you have the SMS Sheet Add-on installed. If not, please follow this HelpDoc.
- Once you are logged-in to the SMS Sheet Add-on, just turn on the toggle before you send SMS (as shown in the image below).
- Remember that you will need to turn the toggle ON every time. By default - it will remain OFF.
To check reports
1. Login MSG91 panel -> Click on Short URL
2. Here, logs section will show you campaign name, date, recipient mobile number, short ID with actual long URL and number of clicks.
3. When you will click on the number of clicks of a particular URL, it will give you additional information of the receiver who has clicked on the URL like - IP, date, country, browser and OS.
4. In the URL section, you will get all the URLs with created date, expiry (if any) and their short IDs. You can edit the expiry time by using the edit/action button.
Also, a new URL can be created manually with create new button. You just have to add your Long URL and its Expiry time and click Save.