How to Allow and Block specific country from sending SMS
MSG91 enables you to completely control which countries your SMSs are sent to. With the help of our blocking & allowing capabilities, you can easily set your regional preferences and restrict your SMS traffic to the targeted countries & audience.
Managing your SMS traffic by strictly restricting specific geographical regions can help you to:
- Prevent frauds: In case your MSG91 Auth ID or is compromised, restricting permissions only to your targeted countries will reduce the chances of SMS fraud.
- Reduce SMS cost: Your SMS can end up in any of the 195 countries across the globe. Sending SMS to non-serviceable locations will only increase your overall cost. By blocking some countries, you can orient your SMS spend only at those where your targeted customers are concentrated.
- Prevent incorrect destination inputs: An input with incorrect or incomplete country code can possibly end up in a different part of the world than intended. The best way to avoid this is by enabling blocking your untargeted countries.
- Enhance customer segmentation: You can improve & customize the reach of your sub-accounts used in segmenting SMS traffic. You can simply block SMS to other destinations, apart from the one that your sub-accounts is associated with.
You can allow or block specific country from sending SMS by following these steps below:
1. Login to your Dashboard.
2. Click on SMS.
3. Click on the profile from the left-hand side panel.
4. Click on the settings.
5. Now hover to the left-hand panel and select security.
6. Now Toggle on for allowing the country and toggle off for blocking.