How to install and use MSG91 SMS extension for Magento version 1?
MSG91 SMS extension is a free Magento community extension for Magento version 1.
You can check other Magento extensions and plugins here at this link: Magento extensions for sending SMS notifications and OTP's
You can install it via Magento Connect with the following steps:
- Go to the link- MSG91 for Magento extension or browse MSG91 for Magento in Magento extension archive
- Click on the button 'Install Now'
- Now, you need to click on the 'Get Extension Key' and agree to the extension license agreement
- After you select agree on checkbox and click Get Extension Key you will see the MSG91 for Magento extension key right there itself (displayed in the box)
- Copy this extension key. e.g., it will look like “http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community/Msg91”
- In order to install MSG91 SMS extension into your Magento store, you need to login to your store admin panel
- Go to System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager.
- Magento connect manager will ask you to login again. You need to use your store admin login credentials to get past the login screen.
- You need to paste that previously copied “MSG91 extension key” here.
- The installation process will begin and after a successful install, it will show a message. You can optionally click on the “Refresh” button to see whether the extension is installed or not.
- Your MSG91 SMS extension is installed and ready to use.
- You need to install ionCube PHP encoder before-hand in order to use the plugin.
- You also need to have SSL. If you do not have SSL or face any issue, you may contact our support team.
After installation, follow the below-written steps to start sending SMS via this plugin-
- Sign up on MSG91 to create your own account for sending SMS
- Generate the unique AuthKey (authentication key) after logging into your MSG91 account and copy it. (Refer- How to generate AuthKey)
- Go back to your installed MSG91 extension and open its configuration settings.
- Paste the previously copied Authkey in the provided field. (Refer screenshot)
- Fill the other details along with the preferred route (transactional or promotional) and Sender ID with which you wish to send SMS.
- Save your configuration to send SMS.